By the end of 2016, there were 800,000 more Americans 65 and older not in the workforce (and without a disability) than the year before, Bloomberg reported—a number that will continue to rise as baby boomers age. Chances are, you have clients approaching retirement. They need to be prepared, and not just financially. Here are nine ways to help get them ready for retirement.
- Make a plan for what to do with your free time before you retire.
- Practice that lifestyle before retiring fully.
- Get the important documents settled.
- Reallocate your investments appropriately.
- Add a “just in case” bucket to your budget.
- Declutter—get rid of items for a clean slate
- Prepare to take required minimum distributions—don't forget them.
- Know your benefits, from your company, Social Security, and other government programs.
- Have money talks with the people who matter to you.
Read the full MarketWatch article here.