Regular email updates are sent to financial advisors who subscribe to Savvy Social Security Planning for Boomers. Newsletter archives going back to 2010 are accessible by current Savvy Social Security members. Each newsletter is packed with filing tips, marketing ideas, and in-depth explanations of complicated rules and strategies.
Would you like to learn more? Click here to sign up for a Desktop Demo of the program.
As a member you’ll be able to access these newsletters and receive the latest issue in your in-box.
A sample of recent newsletters:
- Taxes and Social Security: A discussion of “provisional income” and how that determines if Social Security benefits will be nontaxable or fully taxable.
- Alzheimer’s Warning Signs: Growing old with your clients means being on the lookout for signs and symptoms of Alzheimer’s or mild cognitive impairment. But what’s normal aging and what’s cognitive decline? These are some ways to tell.
- Social Security Web References: There is a vast amount of information on the Social Security website, but finding what you need when you need it can sometimes be a challenge. Here are links for common topics and questions.
- WEP and GPO: Two big areas of confusion among clients and advisors are the Windfall Elimination Provision (WEP) and the Government Pension Offset (GPO), which affect people who have had jobs that did not pay into Social Security.
- How Much Should Business Owners Pay Themselves?: Earn less to save on taxes, or earn more for a higher eventual Social Security benefit? Here’s the math.